The Montgomery Zoo is a great place to host a family reunion, corporate gathering, birthday party, church group or a family fun day. The sights and sounds of the Zoo make an exciting and exotic backdrop for any special occasion. Shelters can be reserved in advance; and are located at the front gate area or the new playground. Rental fees are $65 for a three-hour rental.
-- Daily rental times are: 9am - 12pm (noon) or 1pm - 4pm.
Picnics, outside food and beverages are allowed at all shelters; however, we do ask that you refrain from using cups with lids and/or straws, no balloons, no glass containers, no alcoholic beverages, and no cooking devices of any sort. These are not allowed for the protection and safekeeping of our animals as well as our guests. All guests must vacate the shelter after rental time has elapsed. Also, all shelter areas must be cleaned after usage to keep our Zoo as clean as you found it.
Additional tables and chairs: Our shelters can hold from 20-50 people, depending on the size shelter you rent. All of our shelters are equipped with picnic tables with benches. If you need additional seating and tables, those are available for rental. A six foot rectangular table which seats 6-8 people is: $9 per table. Folding chairs are: $1.60 per chair.If you need to rent additional tables and chairs,please make these arrangements when renting your shelter so we can better serve you and your guests.
Shelter rental DOES NOT include the price of admission into the Zoo and/or Museum. Group rates are available for 20 or more paying people with an advanced reservation.
Shelters are rented in 3 hour time segments. No grills, food is allowed, but must be pre-cooked GUESTS are responsible for setup and clean up. GUESTS provide all party goods (table coverings, plates, cups, utensils, cake, drinks, ice cream, etc.) GUESTS must leave the shelter at the end of their assigned time. Concessions and drinks are available for purchase at the Overlook Cafe. No outside food products are allowed in the Overlook Cafe area. Al items brought into the Zoo must follow safety guidelines for animals. No balloons, cup lids and/or straws, no cooking devices (open flames). ALL reservations must be received and paid for in advance to secure reserved shelters.
Black out dates
Shelter rentals will be limited and/or unavailable during special events; including Earth Day Safari, Zoo Weekend, ZooBoo and Christmas Lights Festival. Call Zoo Services for specific rental availability. No shelters will be available for rental one week prior to ZooBoo, through ZooZoo, and one week following ZooBoo. (ZooBoo is a Halloween-themed, night event that takes place mid-October through Halloween night October 31.)
If you are reserving a shelter, you may also purchase ADVANCED tickets at a discounted rate. These tickets must be purchased prior to the date of your shelter reservation. Admission includes both Zoo and Mann Museum Ticket prices are:
- For 1 - 19 guests: $17 Adult admission, per ticket; $13 Children (3-12 years old) admission, per ticket
- For 20+ guests: $16 Adult admission, per ticket; $12 Children (3-12 years old) admission, per ticket
- Purchase Tickets Online
Important Advanced Purchase Ticket Note: To better serve our guests, please pre-arrange ticket purchase and pick-up prior to arriving at the Zoo. That will allow us an opportunity to prepare your tickets and have them ready by your arrival. Thank you!
Make a Shelter Rental Reservation
Guests can contact the Zoo in various methods for additional shelter information, for availability, and to make a shelter reservation.
- Book shelter online now
- Call (334) 625-4900
- Complete and submit an online Shelter Request Form below
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download a Shelter Rental Form, complete, and submit to Zoo
IMPORTANT NOTES CONCERNING SHELTER RENTAL RESERVATIONS:
- All Shelter Rental Reservations must be paid prior to the event date before the shelter is considered booked or reserved.
- Booking and/or making shelter reservations does not include Zoo admission. Admission is a separate and additional fee. You may purchase admission tickets online or at the Admissions Booth as your enter the Zoo.
- All shelter rental fees must be paid in advance and at the time of making the reservation. Should you need to cancel or reschedule the reservation, a $25 fee will be accessed (no exceptions).
Download the Shelter Rental Form and submit back to us:
- Fax to (334) 625-4916
- Email to email@example.com or
- USPS mail to the Montgomery Zoo, Attn: Group Reservation, 2301 Coliseum Parkway, Montgomery, AL 36110.
or fill out the form below:
All shelter rental fees must be paid in advance and at the time of making the reservation. Should you need to cancel or reschedule the reservation, a $25 fee will be accessed (no exceptions).