General Tour : Learn more about the animals on exhibit at the Zoo by taking a ninety minute tour with a member of the Education Department, Tours do not cover every animal in the zoo.
General Museum Tour: Learn more about the Mann Museum and why conservation of North American wildlife is so important.
Design your own Tour: Tour the zoo with a member of the Education Department visiting animals related to a theme of your choice. Example: Endangered species or Rain Forest Animals. Tours last approximately one and a half hours.
- List of standard Education programs
- List of Montgomery Zoo Education animals (Posted February 25, 2019)
Behind the Scene Tours: tour some of the Zoo barns and animal night quarters with one of our Zoo staff members and get a whole new perspective on the Zoo and its residents. All Behind the Scene tours are limited to no more than 20 people. All Behind the Scene tours last approximately 60-90 minutes. You will have access to the Giraffe barn, African hoofstock barn, Tiger night quarters, Rhino barn and Elephant barn.*
*Pending weather and animal husbandry needs.
Tours & Program Fees
Outreach Programs (programs held off zoo grounds)
- Up to 60 people: $125 for first program and $105 for additional programs
- 60 to 140 people: $150 for the first program and $125 for additional programs
- 140+ people (assembly programs): $175
- Animals: $150 for the first hour and $125 for each hour after
- Gas charge: $1 per mile outside Montgomery city limits
- Zoobeedoo (Zoo Mascot): $65 per hour
On-site Programs (programs held on Zoo grounds)
- Zoo tours: $225 with a limit of 30 people
- Museum Tours: $225. There is a 20 person limit.
- Behind the Scene Tours: $225. There is a 20 person limit
- Classroom programs: $115. There is a 40 person limit.
- Education Pavilion programs: $115. There is a 100 person limit.
- Shelter Reservations presentations on zoo grounds: $75 (with shelter rental)
- Zoo Keeper talks: $65 per talk, talk limited to one exhibit, 20 minutes
For pricing and availability of tours, please contact Education Department at (334) 625-4900, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete and submit the Education Program Request form below.
NOTE: All tour fees are in addition to admission fees. Prices and times are subject to change without notice.