Zoo Weekend 2014
05-Apr-2014Event: Zoo Weekend Date and Time: Saturday, April 5 - Sunday, April 6, 9am - 6pm .. Read More...
Earth Day Safari 2014
|The Montgomery Zoo and Mann Wildlife Learning Museum are proud new members of the Zoological Association of America (ZAA). Below is some brief information concerning ZAA.
ZAA promotes responsible ownership, management, conservation, and propagation of animals in both the private and public domains through professional standards in husbandry, animal care, safety and ethics.
• Adhere to our mission while addressing the needs of our members.
• Protect and defend the right to own exotic and domestic animals, both privately and publically, under proper professional care, husbandry and safety standards which are rigorously observed and maintained.
• Defend our accredited facilities against false allegations, those with political agendas, and mischaracterizations.
• Promote legal and ethical methods for sustainable wildlife management.
• Encourage responsible conservation of genetics through cooperative breeding programs including both the private and public domains.
• Promote high standards and ethics through accreditation programs.
• Educate the media, policy-makers and the public through advocacy and adherence to best practices.
• Establish professional standards for husbandry, animal care, and safety.
• Ensure accurate animal and medical records by our members.
• Enhance the survival of species by the use of professional methods.
• Ensure an appropriate, safe, and quality existence for animals in captive environments.
ZAA Members are ethically bound to support and implement the Mission, Purpose, and Objectives of ZAA and to:
• Promote wildlife conservation to our visitors and society at large.
• Cooperate with colleagues and the broader conservation community to assist in animal propagation, husbandry, care and conservation in both the managed and wild populations.
• Possess and abide by all required federal, state, city, county, local, international and any other related permits.
• Act in accordance with all federal, state, city, county, local and international laws and regulations..
• Conduct all affairs ethically and legally with a high degree of professionalism, honesty, integrity and fairness to all concerned.